Coming Soon! Shop!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

1 Week Sabbatical

I've got a week off from my full time job. Yeah! I need this so much. I was planning to go to the RWA conference but decided to stay home with the kids and just get some rest.
Okay, I'm probably not going to rest that much since I've got a list of things that I want to do and places I want to go.

Things to do
List a few things on ebay to sell
Clean my closet
Clean out front closet
Take stuff to Thrift Town store
Print pictures for scrapbook expo crop coming up in two weeks
Pick up some scrapbook tapes
Pick up a few markers
Purchase kids back to school items
Write something for submission to critique partners
Organize pages to complete at scrapbook crop
Apply for new jobs
Offer assistance to daughter who is looking for an apartment
Purchase self help career book
Kids orthodontist 2nd and 3rd opinions
Exercise
Diet
Find leadership/ supervision course/ workshop
Clean out desk cabinent area
Hair stylist

Places to go
Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland Hills
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Mom's house
Out to dinner with hubby - Possibly Roys in San Franciso

Chores
Wash and Detail Car
Take waterbottles to recycle

I'll check back in a week to report how it went.

Took my kids to an Orthodontist on Thursday for a consultation. He was in San Francisco and is head of the orthodonist department at the University of the Pacific Dental School Orthodontist program. Dr. Boyd is very friendly but he wanted $6995.00 for his services for invisialign braces. I have two kids. It was $4995. if I went to the clinic where students would be seeing the kids and he would be supervising. It was $3995.00 for regular braces at the clinic.

Sigh! Very expensive and although they have payment plans I would have to come up with about $1500 cash for each child up front and then the payments for the cheapest option was $86 per child. Doable but still. I am going to look around her for some options.

After we left the orthodontist I decided that I wanted to go to Golden Gate park for a picnic and to see the California Academy of Science.

My son enjoyed it. My daughter had gone there on a field trip with one of her classes a year or so ago and she was less impressed. She likes stage shows and I am going to have to find some kind of play or something to take her to.


 We stopped at a brand new super Safeway grocery store in the Fillmore district and bought sandwiches, chips and soda from the deli. My son wanted to stay in the car because he didn't want supermarket sandwiches.

 Anyway, we made our way to Golden Gate Park found a parking space in the undergraond parking lot and found a bench to eat our sandwiches. My son loved the sandwiches. It was about 2:00 p.m by this time and the museum / academy closed at 5:00 p.m but the girl at the information booth said that we would have time to see most of the place. I ended up buying a family membership because it allowed us to come back throughout the year. I am always looking for things to do with the family on the weekend and this would be a nice option.

No comments:

Post a Comment