Coming Soon! Shop!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My new e-reader!




A few weeks ago, I asked a few of the yahoo  groups that I belong to which e-reader they liked best. I also posted here asking for recommendations on which e-reader people preferred. The responses were varied. I am happy to let you know that my mom gifted me a brand new Sony Reader Pocket Edition in Rose (a just because present). It is so cute and easy to carry with me just like a paperback book. I have already purchased one novel and two short stories to read. I transferred a couple of stories that I had stored on my computer.

The reader works great outside and in bright light. It is difficult if not impossible to use in dim light. There is a light that you can purchase to go with it. You can make the font size larger or smaller in .pdf format, which is helpful.

I definitely need a case or rubber sleeve to prevent the pretty rose coating from scratching. t comes with a little sleeve to store it in. I really like it and was able to comfortably sit up in bed to read a story last night. My kid tried to operate it by touching the screen. I had to tell him that it was "old fashion" and didn't have a touch screen.

Eventually, I might want to try one of the color readers or a larger size reader that I can read newspapers or magazines on. It also might be fun to have one that can read audio books to me. Right now, this is a great entry into the realm of e-readers.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment