Coming Soon! Shop!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Black Diamonds

The Black Diamond chapter of RWA met today. Beth Barany (BethBarany.com) gave a presentation entitled  3 Essential Tips to Building Your Author Platform Now. Her tips included List Building, Crafting a Compelling Message and Finding your Style of Networking.

I learned so much and her advice is applicable to unpublished authors too. The communication and networking skills will be helpful in all aspects of  my professional life not to mention my writing career. Check out her website and upcoming workshop.

On a personal goal note, I have a personal goal to write 500 words a week until the next Black Diamond RWA meeting which will be at the new location. I think that this is doable.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, Lee Lopez here. This is a fabulous site, and it was so nice to meet you yesterday. And the meeting was very good, considering we got the boot.

    I'm over at www.thenakedhero.com which is for both readers and writers of all genres. My post day is Wed. And my personal blog, www.thenanablog.com, which does include my writing, but is more personal. Take a look both. You are definitely going into the bookmark file. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of posts.The time which was wasted in traveling for tuition now it can be used for studies.Thanks pendants

    ReplyDelete