Coming Soon! Shop!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Entertain! Mrs P.A. Moore's 5th of July party

I had a great day hosting my family for the day after the 4th of July. My brother announced it was my turn to host the family as he had held Easter and my sister hosted us for the memorial. I had tickets to the Oakland A's baseball game yesterday, so we decided to host today.

As always I started decorating. I pulled out my Ingrid picnic ball plastic plates and striped napkins. 
I had gone out early looking for some 4th of July themed paper plates but there were non to be found so I utilized some of my picnic/ glamping supplies. Worked out good except I had to wash mid party. Still environmentally healthier. I used some plastic silverware but also some reusable metal utensils I also purchased for glamping. 
 As always I put on an appropriate colored table cloth. Pulled out my red cake plate and put the pound cake on it. Blue glass dish for strawberries and watermelon bowl for fruit. The stars and stripe napkin below are cloth. The serving pieces are appropriately colored red, white (clear) and blue.

I set up a food prep and condiment table outside. That's corn on the cob soaking in water in preparation for being cooked on the grill.


Here are my plastic stemware glasses and more of the Ingrid picnic plates. The smaller sizes are for dessert or side dishes. Outside I covered the tables with my rainbow colored table clothes.



The menu included pulled pork as well as hamburgers and hot dogs. My family brought side dishes and desserts. This pork shoulder was cooked for 4 hours at 375 degrees in a Rachel Ray Bubble and Brown covered dutch oven that I purchased from QVC. I also had another frozen pork shoulder that I cooked in a pressure cooker. I think the one in the dutch oven came out better.


The pork roast was served with fresh salsa, and cole slaw. As appetizers I served raw veggies and peppers.

Here's a photo of my daughter and niece enjoying corn on the cob. Hubby is busy cooking on the grill.

Hubby grilling shrimp on the grill.



Here's a picture of my mom in the hat with the sunflowers, dad, brother in law, sister and son sitting around the table enjoying dinner.


Here's a close up of my husbands grilled shrimp and peppers. I served it in a Temptations by Tara casserole dish in the Provence pattern.

Here is a shot of the pasta salad my sister brought for a side dish.

This is the delicious blueberry pie that my mother made.


Here are two photos of my brother wearing my mother's sunflower hat.



My mother wearing her patriotic American flag jacket while she's talking to my son.


My dad getting ready to leave.

Can't wait to rest tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment