Coming Soon! Shop!

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

 
 
Christmas is so much fun but it is also a lot of work. I have been planning and preparing since right after Thanksgiving.
 
This year I purchased a white christmas tree. I love the shabby chic, romantic and modern design. I have a small house so I have to creative in decorating. I found this artifical tree at Walmart for $40 at the beginning of December. I used red, green, silver and gold glass balls and a couple of strings of beads as decor.
White Christmas tree with Kelly Dolls
 I have a huge collection of Kelly dolls. Some of them are actual Christmas decorations and have the string to hang. I set the dolls throughout the tree. I think it looks really cool. Next year, I may add the small baby bratz dolls that I have.

I grew up putting my dolls around the Christmas tree.

Kelly Dolls as ornaments
 
I hung two wreaths in the living room. One is a red rose wreath on the mirror above the fireplace. I placed six votive candles on the mantle along with the bouquets from my vow renewal ceremony. 

Stockings hung on mantle
 The other wreath is a white feather wreath that I got from Target. It has faux diamonds scattered throughout. I love this shabby chic touch.
Feather Wreath with Bling
I covered the side tables with red table clothes and placed bowls of scented pinecones on one table and near the fireplace.

Scented pinecones and my favorite silk roses.
 
 
 
 

I've finished shopping for most of my gifts. They are wrapped and safely stored in my closet. I used a coupon at Bed & Body Works to pick up a few gifts for people. Still need to wrap these items.
Red & Gold Table cloth perfect for Christmas and Fourth of July

I still have to get my Christmas Eve dinner together and purchase the stuff for Christmas morning brunch. My small family usually has lots and lots of appetizers to eat on Christmas eve. I bring out all my fancy dishes and entertaining pieces for us all to use.

On Christmas morning we have a big brunch of quiche and fruit salad that I make for us. Later on in the day we go to my parents house and exchange presents with my extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment