Coming Soon! Shop!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday Date with Hubby!

Had a great day with hubby today. It was intended to be a family outing day but the teens were taking their time getting ready and asked too many questions. One daughter had to work and the other said she didn't feel well. My son didn't get up and dressed and continued to sit in front of the television while we were encouraging him to get dress. So.....we decided to leave and go by ourselves.

First we headed to San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gate_Park
We visited the California Academy of Sciences and watched the EarthQuake show. At this point my husband decided he was hungry and needed a drink and something to eat. The line at the snack bar was a half an hour long so we left the museum in search of food. Okay...so now I now where my kids get it from. He did purchase the pictures they took of us in the rainforest.


We walked across to the De Young Museum and looked in the gift shop. From there we left and walked in the park until we found a snack bar and husband got a hot dog and Sprite. I got water. Now that he was fully refreshed we walked over to the Botanical Gardens. They were charging for non San Francisco residents so we walked on. We saw a sign for a Vintage Paper Show so we walked over to see what that was all about.

Evidently vintage paper collectors collect postcards, posters and other ephemera. http://vintagepaperfair.com/sanfran.htm 
We left with husband rolling his eyes. Drove through Golden Gate Park and head home over the Golden Gate Bridges.

When we saw the sign for Stinson Beach I asked if he wanted to go. He said yes. So we began the trek over the hill to the Beach. It was a long and winding road. It was extremely foggy and I considered turning around a couple of times. I was really afraid that the fog would come in and I wouldn't be able to see on the way out.


We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived in the small town of Stinson Beach. Walked down to the beach which was very crowded despite the overcast sky.

We walked into town and bought another soda and a bag of chips for hubby. I had my diet lunch still packed in the car. On the way back to the beach, we stopped at the Lunch Box deli http://lunchboxmarin.com/ and I ordered a small container of their home made cerviche. It had some jalepeno, carrots, tomatoes and shrimp in it. We went back to the car and shared the lunch I had packed. Celery, jicama, pork and salad.

Anyway, I have been doing a low carb diet and I started getting a headache on the drive home. I think there was too much sugar or high glycemic index in the cerviche.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinson_Beach,_California


Anyway, it turned out to be a pleasantly wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment