Coming Soon! Shop!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

March

Attended the Diamond and Roses writing event yesterday in Brentwood. Great advice from agents, authors and a life coach.

Life coach, Karen Motekaitis recommended that I figure out what the minimum amount of time that I can devote to writing per week and then committ to it. She used to be a swimmer and I think I know her from somewhere. I wish that I could hire her for a personal coaching session.

Agent Elaine English discussed the difficulties of new authors breaking into the business as well as some of the intricacies of contracts that she is now seeing. She was very accomadating and answered many, many questions.

Mary Beckham and Dianna Love authors of Break Into Fiction, gave some excellent steps to building a story that sells.

Met some interesting people.

Status of Writing Goals for the year:
I am still looking for a critique partner/ group.
I have managed to attend 3 educational workshop/ conferences out of the 6 so far.
Enterered 2 contests so far. Recieved feedback from one that was brutal but very helpful.
Still working on manuscript.
Decided to target romantic suspense lines of harlequin such as Steeple Love Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment