Coming Soon! Shop!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Week in Review!

Pele - The volcano goddess

Me in front of the smoldering volcano caldron in Hawaii - December 2015

I'm well on my way to achieving my goals for 2016.
  • Worked out 4 days at the gym this past week. Tried out the elliptical machine and discovered its my new favorite cardio machine.
  • Discovered there is a walking tracker on my Samsung phone and put it to use to walk around my office building during breaks. 6 laps around equals 1 mile. Made 2 walks during the week when it was raining.
  • Tracked my food daily including my 2 glasses of Beringer White Merlot white that I enjoyed on Friday evening. The super large baked potato with butter I've been enjoying this week as well. Still managed to stay under caloric goals.
  • Spent a day in bed because I was feeling depressed, anxious and not well.
  • I completed a 2016 vision board aka collage and hung it near my bed.
  • Signed up for the Kiss of Death - Romantic Suspense Chapter of Romance Writers of America
  • Reserved a room at hotel in San Diego for the RWA Conference albeit not at the conference rate so it is super expensive. So far hubby is planning to go with me so it might be a fun get away even though I won't be able to totally relax with him there. It will be nice to have him company. Last time I looked at the RWA reservations I think there is an option for partners to come along to some of the events such as the dinners and some parties.
  • Reread rules for new critique group I joined at the end of last year. First exchange is this week so I am looking forward to getting to know the women in the group.
  • Entered 2 different manuscripts into the North Texas RWA Great Expectations contest for feedback and possible bragging rights. Deadline was January 4th.
  • Figured out an unusual method of death for one of my mysteries. I hope it is feasible. Goal for next week is to research and ask questions on Crime Scene Writers yahoo groups.
  • Drafted rough outline for new erotic romance novel or novella.
  • Listed 1 Chatty Cathy doll and 1 Coach Straw Tote on Ebay. Listed 4 Hawaiian shirts on ebay. Proceeds from sales to support contest entry fees and writing classes this year.

Things that were not in my plan but needed to do them:
  • Purchased a set of Philosophy scented shower gels from QVC - Can't remember the price but it was on easy pay. Auto delivery with 4 different scents arriving every 4 months for a year. I've been buying drug store scented gels and decided to treat myself this year.
  • Purchased a large 10" tablet from QVC - One time only value $129 with easy pay
  • Purchased a Susan Graver Faux Leather lined blazer. 5 easy pays of $8.99. QVC didn't have the size I wanted so I am afraid the blazer won't fit. Most likely will send it back.
Goals for the coming week!
  • Begin work with critique group.
  • Prepare entry/ entries for NEORWA chapter contest. Clarify rules and entry requirements.
  • Write 2000 words on Deadly Voyage.
  • Exercise.
  • Get manicure/ pedicure.
  • Pick up pretty journals at TJ Maxx or Ross.

Me in front of the Kauai Marriot Resort. I think I'll stay here when I visit Kauai again.

No comments:

Post a Comment