Coming Soon! Shop!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Things I saw on my walk

I've been making an effort to walk at least twice during my work day.

Yesterday, I passed a man cleaning out the side of his house. He said he was just trying to get rid of things that they collected. He had a bunch of stuff stacked on the sidewalk. There was piles of tiles, two pieces of granite, one piece of marble, bricks, octogon shaped brick pavers, dozens of flower pots and this cool looking iron garden shelf. The green planter shelf below caught my eye. I love shabby chic decor. I asked him if I could have the two iron pieces he had and he said yes. I then carried them back to my office and put them in the car.




I went back later with car and got the nice piece of marble and a box full of small flower pots.

Okay, I know the marble doesn't look that glamourous but I will do something with it later.

Here is the box of small flower pots. I am thinking about growing some kitchen herbs in them.

This morning the pile was still there but there was a trailer in front of his house. This afternoon everything was cleaned up.

Today, I noticed this cool scupture in front of one of the houses on the street. It is a wooden golden gate bridge complete with cars and a small boat. The man at the house said I could take a picture. He said his father had made it. I didn't ask his father's name but I wished I had. Anyway, just wanted to share.


Saw three salamander lizards lying in the sun. They scattered before I could get a picture.
Finally, I ran into a veteran who was on a walk from the Veterans Hospital. Still wearing his hospital pajamas and slippers. I've seen him before. Anyway, today he had a bag with a magazine and something else in it. He must have just come from the CVS pharmacy.  I couldn't quite make out what he was saying to me but he did keep repeating that he was in the land of the living. Pray for our veterans. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment