Coming Soon! Shop!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

RWA Chapter Meeting 3 page read TODAY

I had a great time at the Black Diamond RWA chapter meeting this morning. A small group of 8 people attended and we sat on the patio while we waited for the restaurant to open. I am so impressed with the successes and professionalism of the group.

This was my first regular meeting this year as the Black Diamonds have been very busy co-hosting conferences (Donald Maass Fire in the Fiction), retreats (Alexandra Sokolov) and special guests (Diamond and Roses Event- Bigger Book).

The three page read was fun and I think that we all were able to get some great feedback on the beginning 3 pages of our novels. I am so blessed to have been able to attend and to have people to motivate me.

Oh, I entered a contest where  I pledge $5 towards my goal for the month. This month, I pledge that I would finish my short story. If I finish the story then I get the entire pot of money. If not, it rolls over into the next month. I think that is how it works.

Anyway, I've started a new romantic suspense short story, its called Collision. I got some great feedback today. People thought that I had a great opening and it was suspenseful so "so far so good".

I haven't completely abandoned my other romantic suspense story, it is just that I am in the middle and it is sagging a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Pam, it was great to meet you at the meeting. You are a wonderful writer and a great addition to the Black Diamonds. Amanda w/a Jill James

    ReplyDelete